Welcome




Welcome! Don't know if you find what you are looking for here, but please feel free to browse around. My intent is to have some space to think things out and share my questions and comments about life from a Christian world view.








Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just who do you think you are?

That title probably got your attention. How often have you heard that said when party A feels that party B is stepping out of line with arrogance or audacity?

Well I put another spin on that question last night as we started another season of recovery ministry for our church. I have found that when there are dysfunctions in our lives, especially ones that deeply affect our perception of worth as a human being, we need to ask, “Just who do you think you are?”

Sometimes we lose sight of just who we are. Genesis 1:26 and 27 tells us very clearly that God created us in his image. That means we are intended to reflect only good, holy and righteous qualities of God. We were created for that.

Jeremiah 1:5 and Psalm 139:13-16 remind us that God intimately knows the details of each one of us and had a creative purposeful, wonderful and awesome reason to bring each one of us into existence. He knew each one of us before we were created in our mothers’ wombs.. There is nothing in the Bible to indicate any of us are a mistake or “junk.”

For God to create us in His image seems kind of worthless unless it is to be interactive with Him. God does not intend for us to be abandoned after he creates us. We may buy into a lie to believe that, but it can’t be true.

We can certainly think that God does not want to be in relationship sometimes when it becomes apparent that we have done something that would not please God or when things are just not going “our way.” Just do a word search in Psalms, and you will find there are many occasions where the Psalmist asks God why he “hides his face” from him or petitions God not to “hide his face.” That line of thinking affirms what is meant to be. We inherently know that it feels right for God to have his face toward us and not away from us.

Whether we ever come to realize how important we are to God does not affect his awareness of who we are. There is not one detail in our lives that goes unnoticed. Think about that!

You are special to God!!!!
Luke 12:7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (NIV)

Psalm 139 (New Living Translation)

13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
17 How precious are your thoughts about me,[b] O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!


Stay close to Jesus!

REG

No comments: