Welcome




Welcome! Don't know if you find what you are looking for here, but please feel free to browse around. My intent is to have some space to think things out and share my questions and comments about life from a Christian world view.








Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pilgrim

So I open up my emails this evening and there waiting for me is a message from my 28 YR old son who lives miles away in Chicago. the message: "You're burnin' daylight, pilgrim." In other words its late in the day and you haven't posted your daily meditation.

He knows I'm a fan of "the Duke." I used that line on him a few times, and still do use it even to this day when someone is slacking off the pace. It comes from a movie that John Wayne made in the later years of his life in 1972. The movie was called "The Cowboys." Its a story wherein Wayne plays the part of a cowhand who reluctantly has to use teen and preteen boys to get a cattle drive done. They are mere boys still wet behind the ears and there is a scene where Wayne comes barging through camp before sunrise kickin' everyone out of the sack shouting, "Alright let's get a move on, we're burning daylight!" Somewhere along the line I picked up"pilgrims" and added that to it. (I think from McClintock).

so I'm sitting her thinking, "okay its after 10:00 Pm and I need to look at scripture and get this thing done for the day so I hit my goal." And God speaks to my heart saying," Be still and know that I am God" before I can even reach for the Bible.

the verse comes from Psalm 46

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Be still (but I've got to get this meditation done)
Be still ( but I need to read something and then write)
Be still ( but but but . . . . )

I left for a few minutes. I had a song begin to flood my mind and I went to find it.
I ended my day with it, maybe you'll start yours with it. Doesn't really matter. the more important thing is to take the time to be touched by His "hessed"

Be still for a few minutes and be brought to tears knowing the One who loved you before you even knew Him.


http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkUS9Pp1wE


Yea Pilgrims, we're burnin' daylight, but its good to be still and know the One who provides it!

REG

Philippians 2:5-11

No comments: