Welcome




Welcome! Don't know if you find what you are looking for here, but please feel free to browse around. My intent is to have some space to think things out and share my questions and comments about life from a Christian world view.








Monday, September 29, 2008

lessons from the beach 2

This morning I got up early before sunrise. Decided to head over the dune to see if I could catch the sunrise. Got there not a moment too soon. The sun was just making its appearance. It was rising a bit to the south on the eastern horizon.

As I surveyed the beach there was a young mother carrying an infant in a snugly sack. She was headed north and kept looking back as the sun began to crest. At just the right moment she stopped, sat down in the sand, and tried to get her child to engage in experiencing the sunrise with her. I surmise, even at this early age, she was teaching her child about creation: the world she was born in to. I hope and trust that the child will learn about the Creator in the process as well.

How many of us stop and take a moment to wonder at God's creation? Do we have to be on a vacation to catch a sunrise or marvel at a sunset? Do we have to be on a retreat to take time to appreciate how God can speak to us through His creation?
And . . . how many of us take time to share our wonder with the generation that will chase behind us?


Psalm 78
O my people, hear my teaching;
listen to the words of my mouth.
2 I will open my mouth in parables,
I will utter hidden things, things from of old-

3 what we have heard and known,
what our fathers have told us.

4 We will not hide them from their children;
we will tell the next generation
the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD,
his power, and the wonders he has done.

5 He decreed statutes for Jacob
and established the law in Israel,
which he commanded our forefathers
to teach their children,

6 so the next generation would know them,
even the children yet to be born,
and they in turn would tell their children.

7 Then they would put their trust in God
and would not forget his deeds
but would keep his commands.

Stay close to Jesus
REG

No comments: